Friday, February 29, 2008

Just for Mom Friday

Check out this video: Bad Pussy



Add to My Profile More Videos

Wish there was a better title for this, but the lesson remains the same. 

Does your life ever feel like this?  
Just one more person wanting something from you?

As a stay at home mom, sometimes my days feel like one request after another.
"Mommy, I want more milk."
"WHAAAA." Baby needing to be changed.
"Mrs. ...., we're calling with a great offer for you today."
"Honey, can you pick up a few things while you're out."

And the poor cat... just one more person needing one more thing from me.

So where do I fall in all of this?
And what about my relationship with God in all this?

Not only is that were it all needs to start, but I'm actually doing my family a favor by putting myself first.  By putting my relationship with Christ first.

When I put my time with the Lord first, I'm putting myself in the position of drawing the strength, patience, and love I need to be a better wife, a better mom, and a better friend.  So that I don't feel like my husband and my kids are just looking for one more thing from me.  They become my mission field, my joy,  and as I've said before, I realize again that I was "Made to Love" those around me through my actions.  

While I'm the last to be an early riser, I sneak in a few moments each morning, closing my eyes and whispering a quick prayer while nursing the baby.  Another quick prayer while sorting laundry.  Another while preparing dinner.  And so on till I find that quiet place in the day to be alone with the Lord.  

One more person wanting one more thing from me...
One more person that I'm given to bless.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails