Wednesday, December 18, 2013

DIY: Peppermint Cheesecake

 photo IMG_1314_zpsca3bf58f.jpg 

 I LOVE peppermint.  This is the only time of year I allow myself to indulge in it, so I save up all my cravings for December.  I think it's the refreshingly sweet mint that cuts up all the rich foods.  Making an absolutely perfect balance.

In 2012's DIY List, I made Peppermint Ice Cream.   So this year, I decided to try out some Peppermint Cheesecake.  I cheated a little by buying a pre-made chocolate crust, but for the cheesecake I used this recipe from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.

This did turn out really yummy and is quite a holiday treat.  I substituted peppermint extra for the alcohol, but reduced the amount.  Other than that, it ended up being quite a treat for our family.  And it would be something I'd definitely make again.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails