Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 December Bookmarks


IMG_9390_zps9a7d5a53
*Bookmarks is an online book club hosted at Creative2xmom. Here we discuss the books we've read in the past month as well as the suggested reading. Our suggested reading for December was Raising Grateful Kids by Susie Larson.

These are the books I read this month:


Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine-- See my review here.


Home School Your First Grader by Beth Jones-- This is an encouraging, quick read if you're looking into homeschooling for the first time.  Jones outlines the basics of getting started and the factors that you need to consider before starting.  It's a light read, full of encouragement and a good starting place.  Not in-depth, but opens up a lot of questions and supplies lots of hope.



Our suggested reading for December was Growing Grateful Kids by Susie Larson--  I'm always looking for a light read in December and I thought this was it.  Turns out it wasn't.  Larson takes us on a 16 chapter journey of turning our own hearts toward gratitude.  How can we lead our kids into places that we haven't traveled ourselves?  Each chapter was a challenge to my own thinking.  While full of easy to read stories, the concepts really caused me to pause and challenged what I believe about my own life.  Do I really believe I'm following an extraordinary God?  This book will challenge you, make you question, and ultimately change you if you allow it to.  It's quickly going on my re-read list for 2014.

So what are your bookmarks this month?

Tell us in the comments about the books you're chewing on. Or link up a review from your own blog. Let's share the books we're finding, good and bad. And give us your thoughts on Growing Grateful Kids by Susie Larson.

And be on the lookout for 2014's Bookmark Book List coming soon.  Can't wait to see you then.

*Linked to these Parties


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails