Tuesday, August 31, 2010

52 First Dates: Week Twelve


I had to throw in a photo of my honey and I.
This was our wedding photo taken over nine year ago!
Crazy... we were so young.


So how did your One Word experiment go?  Were there any surprises?  There were some fun words in there huh?  I have to admit that we were a bit stumped on some of them and wanted to give further explanation for our answers.  We found ourselves laughing pretty hard in the end.  This one was a lot of fun and one that I'd love to do again.  I think as we go through every stage in our lives, answers will change.  People will change.  And that's what makes some of these 52 First Dates so great.  They can be easily adapted to ages and stages of life.  Rich, poor, young, old... we can all find ways to invest in our marriages.

Are you ready for the next one?

This one is a bit more serious, but oh, so important.  I'm not one to easily express my emotions.  My husband is actually much better at giving me hugs and saying he loves me.  But even then, we have times where it just goes unsaid and we start to resent the time that's passed.

So your challenge this week is to write a love letter to your spouse.  It doesn't have to be long (but do put some effort into it).  It doesn't have to be mushy (but it should be sincere).  And be real with how you care for that person.  Remember the specific ways they've made you feel loved.  Mention the little things that remind you how much you love them.  Speak in your authentic voice.

Now you can take this one as far as you want to, but I would suggest reading them out loud to each other over dinner or dessert.  Love letters are incredible, but try to read them to each other and they become even more powerful.

Are you up for the challenge?


Check back in and let us know how your dates are going.  Anything new you've learned?  Leave a comment or check out the Facebook Event Page and let us know how you're doing.

And don't forget to check out this week's giveaway!

*Linked to these Parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails