Friday, June 22, 2012

Jolly Holiday Cafe Review

During our May trip to Disneyland, I really wanted to find some great eats.  I had determined that I was going to be adventurous and try new things.  So when we rounded the bend from Adventureland onto Main Street, I knew I had to try this place.

The Jolly Holiday Cafe is based on a Jolly Holiday with Mary Poppins.  Only recently open, their menu focuses on sandwiches, salads, and soups, as well as an extensive variety of baked goods and treats.  Plus there's a Cupcake of the Day. 

Everything on the menu looked incredible.  Pictured below is (clockwise) the Caprese Sandwich, the Tomato Basil soup, and the Deli Turkey Sandwich.  Sandwiches were served with homemade chips as well.  The sandwiches were good size.  In fact, my husband and I split a sandwich and soup, and the kids split the turkey sandwich.  Everything was fresh.  The foccacia bread on the Caprese Sandwich was very soft and the Tomato Basil Soup was rich and velvety.  We devoured every last bite.


Since it was our last night there, I decided to splurge on that Cinnamon Roll I had been talking about for three days.  This was my biggest indulgence at Disneyland and it did not disappoint.  Hot and fresh from the oven, this Cinnamon Roll was the best treat I could have asked for.  And it was as big as my head.  Just kidding, but only a little.


The staff was very friendly and knowledgable, answering our questions about the menu and their favorite items.  And the food was the best thing I put in my mouth while at Disneyland (Dole Whip excluded).  If you're planning a trip to Disney, put this on your list of places to eat.  You won't regret it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails