Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Muddle

Hey Everyone,
How was your weekend?

I'm posting late 'cause we were at my mom's for the weekend.  It was my cousin's 40th birthday so we went home for a family BBQ.  The kids and I packed up on Friday morning and away we went.  I'm used to traveling with the kids on my own, but the baby sure gave me a run for my money this time.  It seemed like every time we got started, we had to stop.  It was ... a test of Mama's patience.


But we had a fun weekend.  The cousins were all around and Noah was riding the quads with them.  It's not something he gets to do very often so he had a great time.  And I loved the cousin/family time as well.  Most of my family lives near each other so we really miss them being several hours away.  Plus this is the cousin that we've been doing more and more vacations with so the kids have a great time together.
We came home today.  I have my laundry going and dishwasher is running.  Dinner was a trial as I didn't want to cook after being in the car earlier.  But for some reason the kids insisted on being fed.  :-)  So it's nice to be home and settling back into the routine.  Back to a regular bed time and reading with Mama.  Back to swimming at the Y pool.  Back to snuggles and leisurely mornings.  And back to planning our meals and grocery list.  Here's what we're planning for the week:

Breakfasts:
Cereal and bananas
Oatmeal and fruit
Healthy Baked Oatmeal
Skinny Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Scones

Lunches:
Easy Healthy Lunch Ideas

Dinners:
Monday: Find it and Fix it???
Tuesday: Sack Dinner (T-Ball Practice)
Wednesday: Greek Orzo Stuffed Peppers
Thursday: Skinny Alfredo, pea salad
Friday: Homemade Veggie Pizza, marinated tomato and cucumber salad
Saturday: Jerk Shrimp Kebabs, jerk salsa and chips
Sunday: Grilled Veggie Sammies, salad

Extras:
Homemade Granola Bars
Kids' Choice cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcakes


What's going on in your world?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails