Sunday, November 2, 2008

Menu Monday 11/3-11/9


Wow... our vacation in Disneyland was a whirlwind.  Once I have a few days to reflect I'd like to post some photos and give my readers some great tips for hitting the park with little ones.  We had a wonderful time.  We spent a lot of time with family and my kids had a great experience.  We saw new sides of them that we didn't know where there before.  It was really a lot of fun.

However, since I haven't cooked in so long (between family visiting, Big Boy's birthday, our vacation), I'm having a hard time putting together a menu this week.  I almost feel tapped out for ideas.  So I'm going back to some basics.  Trying to remember some tried and true recipes that my family loves while still staying relatively healthy at the same time.  It doesn't hurt that I've had a turkey in the freezer that I'm excited to cook now that it's getting cooler.  So here's what we've got cooking up for the week:

Monday:
Breakfast: Yogurt and fruit
Lunch: Leftover tomato soup, banana cream pudding
Dinner: Turkey, Potatoes and Gravy, Rolls, maybe some homemade cranberry applesauce

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs
Lunch: PB&J Sammies, Salad, carrots and dip
Dinner: Potluck: Turkey Rice a Roni Casserole

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Yogurt and fruit
Lunch: Baked Potatoes 
Dinner: Turkey Pesto Sammies, Cabbage Salad

Thursday:
Breakfast: Granola or cereal and milk
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Lentil Tacos, carrots and dip

Friday:
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs
Lunch: Tomato soup, steamed veggies
Dinner: Turkey enchiladas, Salad

Saturday:
Breakfast: Gingerbread Waffles
Lunch: Vegetarian Quesadillas
Dinner: Turkey Noodle soup

Sunday:
Breakfast: Leftover Waffles
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Potluck: Pizza Roll

Extras:

Oh, I wanted to spotlight this great recipe we tried a few weeks ago: Crockpot Moroccan Lentil Soup.  It wasn't quite what I had expected.  I thought the lentils would take a more central role in the soup; instead they blended nicely with the garbanzos.  And garbanzos... I've been sort of burnt out on them for awhile, but they didn't overpower this meal like I thought they might.  Instead, they enhanced the meatiness of the soup.  The seasoning was a bit powerful so we served it with sour cream and shredded cheese.  Actually I used used the sour cream and it was perfect.  We'll definately be revisiting this recipe in the future.

To see what others are cooking up this week, check out Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to have to start adding extras to my weekly menu. I'm drooling over the idea of pumpkin spiced lattes.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that Disneyland was so much fun. Look forward to seeing the photos.

Related Posts with Thumbnails