Thursday, April 10, 2008

Using My Crockpot Works for Me

Wow!  Juggling a 3 month old and a 2.5 year old... can we say exhaustion?  I was telling my husband the other day that I feel like I just move from one mess to another.  Afternoons are particularly hectic with getting up from naps, fixing snacks, nursing the baby, and trying to figure out what to make for dinner, all the while trying to get through the bewitching hours of the evening.  Here is one little trick that helps me out a lot: invest in a crockpot cookbook.  Mine is an absolute lifesaver.
 My mom gave me a crockpot cookbook for Christmas this year.  The recipes in the one I have are pretty basic, but that gaves me a lot of creative freedom.  I just pop it open in the evening to pick out something tasty for dinner.  Or use it when planning my meals and have a wealth of ingredience at my fingertips.  
  Crockpot meals require little attention.  If it includes meat, I take it out the night before and assemble other ingredience on the counter or in the refrigerator.  Most meals only reqire a few minutes of my time in the morning to dump all the elements in and turn it on.  That simple.  And with the basic recipes I have, I can make a meal as simple or as complex as I wish, merely by adding extra spices and vegetables as I have time and food.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails