Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Where do we turn?

You ever have one of those days?  The sink is full of dishes, the cat spilled the water bowl, the phone is ringing, kids are waiting to get dressed, and someone's at the door.  And all you can think in your head is, "When will my world stop spinning?"  And out of your mouth comes the words, "Is it nap time yet?"  Or maybe out of your mouth comes something worse?

I had one of those days recently.  I got about four hours of sleep till Lydia started throwing up.  We ended up on the couch, jumping up every 30 minutes or so to race to the bathroom.  And all I could think the whole way there was "please don't let me step in puke."

And all I could think on the way back to the couch was what a miserable mother I was for thinking about myself rather than just being in the moment with my daughter.

So my sweet husband gets Noah ready for school, I call and cancel the appointment I had that morning, the dishwasher is loaded and running, a load of puke laundry is started, and Noah and hubby head out the door to school.  And Lydia and I snuggle down in the couch to try and get a few minutes sleep.

But wait.  My husband's back ten minutes later with a malfunctioning car and a 5 year old in the backseat that still hasn't made it to school.  Hubby's been called into work early, has to take Noah to school, has to get to work, and how in the world am I going to pick him up later?

And all this before I've even thought of breakfast, ... let alone a cup of coffee.

My head is spinning.  My thoughts are spinning.  And all I want to do is crawl back under the covers and shout at the world to go away.  This day is too much for me.  This morning is meant to be over.

What now?

Pray!

Pray!

And pray some more!

Now, before you click off this link because you I'm over spiritualizing and oversimplifying, think about it.  Where else can you go?  Who else can you turn to?

When I'm at the end of my patience, where will I go?

When my love for my family is wearing thin, who will sustain me?

When I'm drowning in my own perspective, how will I find my vision?

Pray!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails