Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Eating from Your Pantry--Week One




Did you really think I could stay away for a whole week? Who was I kidding?

Starting next week Money Saving Mom and Life as Mom are teaming up to bring us the challenge of Eating from the Pantry. Funny enough I had already planning on doing this myself starting THIS week.

I was looking in my cupboards not too long ago and realized I had stockpiled a good supply of deals. And while getting ready for Grandma's house last week, I threw some leftovers in the freezer. So my freezer's looking pretty happy and full too.

Although I don't think I'll last an entire month, I'm going to give it a shot. I'm giving myself lead way on produce and dairy. In fact, we made a grocery run this morning and stocked up a few things. Additionally I'm giving myself some slack with the holiday and traveling to see family this weekend. But for the most part, what you see here was all stocked in my kitchen:

Menu Plan Dec 28-Jan 3:

Monday:
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs (all from pantry)
Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, salad (all from pantry)
Dinner: Stirfry (all from pantry)

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Frozen Waffles (from pantry)
Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, fruit cocktail, graham crackers (crackers from store)
Dinner: Chili and Cornbread (all from freezer)

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Yogurt and fruit (from store)
Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, fruit jello, corn (all from pantry)
Dinner: Veggie soup in crockpot (all from pantry)

Thursday:
Breakfast: Cottage Cheese and fruit (from store)
Lunch: Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, fruit jello, cheese cubes (all from pantry)
Dinner: Lentil Tacos (tomatoes, sour cream from store) @ the kids' request-- in fact, Big Boy asked for extra veggies

Snacks till Midnight: (from store): Taquitos
(from the pantry): pepper jelly, popcorn, sparkling cider

Friday:
Breakfast: Yogurt and granola (yogurt from store)
Lunch: Chicken Salad sandwiches, apples, string cheese (all from pantry)
Dinner: dinner at Sister in law's

Saturday:
Breakfast: Granola and milk (all from pantry)
Lunch: In Sacramento-- Fresh Choice???
Dinner: In Sacramento

Sunday:
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs, cereal (all from pantry)
Lunch: Sandwiches and salad (all from pantry)
Dinner: Mexican Corn Chowder and tomato soup ( all from pantry)

Extras:
Peppermint Patty Cookies

1 comment:

Rachel @RunningRachel said...

Way to go! I am SO doing this challenge! I reorganized our kitchen/pantry the other day... and noticed that I had stock piled a fair amount of food. I will be replenishing our dairy/cheese/bread/fruits &veggies... but am excited to embark on this with you! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails