Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Come on in!

This past weekend, my husband climbed up into the attic and took out the Christmas decorations. We were all so excited. It's long been a tradition in our home to decorate the weekend after Thanksgiving. But with some of the traveling and busyness of the season, we didn't get it done till this past weekend. And boy did it feel like a long time.

It's our first Christmas in our new place and as always, I'm eager to make memories for my kids and decorating the tree is just one of those memories. These are just a few of my favorite things in the house these days:



I saw this idea for a garland awhile back at Homespun Heart (here's the original post). I knew I had to have one. So with a little ribbon and some scrapbook paper, I put one together. I love the extra little touch that it is as you enter the hallway.


I've been wanting to make these for all the seasons, but this is the first altered puzzle I've completed. So cute and so festive. Tutorial coming later this week.


Hubby's cousin gave this to me a few years ago as an exchange gift. I love vintage things and it's one of my favorite. Wish I could have it out all year.


My Grandma bought us this little Nativity Set when we were first married. She found it at the Dollar Store of all places. It's tiny, petite, and simple. But it's also sturdy and catches the light perfectly.


Big Boy made this Gingerbread House kit last year with my mom. Just reminds me how sweet my kids are.


We try to add a new ornament each year to remind us where we were as a family. This one is from two years ago when we went to Alaska.


And finally the completed tree. It's that really the centerpiece of any Christmas home? This is the first year I'll be able to put my tree in front of a window and I love it. I love that everyone can see the lights as they go by, just speaks of warmth and home.

I hope you've enjoyed our virtual tour. Stop by again some time.

For more homes, check out Tip Junkie.
For more Tackle it Tuesday, check out 5 Minutes for Mom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails