Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday

Wow!  July was a whirlwind.  We had so much fun, but are definately happy to be back at home.  The kids are sleeping better in their beds and I'm feeling more settled with a routine.  All in all, during the 29 days of July so far, we've been away from home at least 14-15 of those days.  That's half.  Who knew our month would end up looking like that?  
Luckily the house is still in one piece, the tomato plant is thriving (guess it needed a little neglect), and the cat is still alive and more appreciative of a little attention than ever.  And we've made some wonderful memories with family and friends.  So while I'm tackling housework today, I'm happy to be at home to tackle housework.  It won't be easy with two little ones running around, but it will be fun and I'm happy to have it.
Surprisingly there are only a few things that are pressing.  The kitchen needs to be picked up and the living room vacuumed.  Hubby and I just came back from the staff retreat and returned with some leftovers.  So all the snacks, fruit, and items need to be put away.  Dishwasher needs to be unloaded and reloaded.  And a few food items to be made: fruited jello, shredded cheese, etc. 
And there's a huge stack of photos from artscow.com that need to be sorted through and filed for the scrapbooks.  Baby Girl's professional photos need to be trimmed and written on as well. I can't believe how long it's been since I've scrapbooked.  I keep telling myself "It's just a phase in life."  At least I'm keeping them sorted for now.
I'm so happy to be home that working around the house actually puts a smile on my face.  
What are you tackling today?

12 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Great job Lee!

Sounds like you had a great time! Isn't it nice though to be back in your own bed and into your own routine?
Kudos for having a smile on your face while catching up on things!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I always say we need a "vacation" from our "vacation" or whatever takes us away from home because you end up so tired and worn out when you get back. I always look forward to getting into my own bed. I hope you get all that tackling done.
Blessings,
Kim

Heart of Wisdom said...

Always nice to be home. Once you unpack you will feel the accomplishment.

I tackles overflowing drawers this week.

Lisa Knight said...

We didn't go anywhere on vacation, but it sure felt like it! Our July was spent in a whirl of activities! Now I don't want to admit August starts this week...

Happy tackling!
The Frugal Momma

~michelle pendergrass said...

Tackle it Tuesday makes housework a little more enjoyable, huh?

Brenda said...

I always look forward to vacation, but it is even better to get back home. Enjoy your tackle!

Maddy said...

I tell myself the same thing = it's a phase. As my eldest is 26 I also know it's true.
Cheers

Dawn said...

Love getting back home after a long vacation and snuggling into our beds. I actually could not wait to clean my house; after staying at my parents furry animal abode!

Muthering Heights said...

It's so nice to come home after traveling! :)

Heidi Schulz said...

There is nothing like the feeling of your own bed after a vacation. Heavenly.

Audra Krell said...

What a great attitude about being back! Glad you had a nice time and you'll feel really great once you get even a little of your tackle done!

Anonymous said...

Good job!

I tackled my 3 year old's room. Check out my post for pics!

http://www.southernpixie.com/msgrrlblog

Related Posts with Thumbnails