Monday, July 14, 2008

Making your Home a Haven

I'm always lurking and searching for new and fun ideas to write about.  New and fun ways to be a better Christian, and a better mom.  So I found this great posting over at Biblical Womanhood.  Every Monday, Crystal posts a challenge to all of us about creating a haven in our home.  She has great wisdom and I love reading her posts.  Check it out.

1) Refresh your spirit.  
I'm a planner and right now I don't have a plan.  When I have a goal in my quiet time, I'm much more apt to spend time in the word.  Right now, no goal.  No goal=little motivation.  However, I have been spending time reading My Utmost for His Highest.  Great wisdom.

2) Morning Routine
I'm always wanting to add things to my 5 item morning routine.  Symptom of the Super Mommy complex.  Always wanting to do more than I have time for.   But here's what I'm trying to stick to in my morning routine:
  1. get up without being a grouch and spend time with God
  2. make breakfast
  3. nurse
  4. make bed
  5. get kids dressed
  6. try to hit the gym
ok, so I added a 6th item, but I don't always make it to the gym.  So shoot me.

3) Take Time to Plan
Do I have a 5 item to do list today.  Well, ideally, I probably have a 27 item to do list today.  Again Super Mommy!  But what 5 items do I have to get done?
  1. put away 6 loads laundry
  2. unpack suitcases
  3. unload dishwasher
  4. vacuum
  5. start repacking suitcases for next weekend
4) What's on the Menu for Dinner?
Taco Salad, quick simple and no prep.  I love it in these hot summer months.  Best way to beat the 95 degree heat.  They say it's gonna be 105 degrees this weekend.

5) Project of the Day
Well, Crystal's challenge is to work from the doorway through the living room and that be our project.  However, I'm just trying to get reorganized from the weekend at Grandma's and geared up for the weekend camping on the coast.  Basically we just need to be at home and enjoy being at home.

So check out Crystal's blog.  It's absolutely worth your time.  And keep checking back to see how we make our home a haven.  There's lots more to come.

2 comments:

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

whew! looks like you had a busy morning :)

Precision Quality Laser said...

Wow...SIX loads of laundry! Sounds like the never-ending pile that I have going on too...lol!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails