Saturday, August 31, 2024

What We Read in August and Our Homeschool Read Alouds ll Aug '24

What I Read: 

Better Together: Strengthen Your Family, Simplify Your Homeschool, and Savor the Subjects that Matter Most

Better Together by Pam Barnhill

I love, love, love this book!  I come back to it year after year as I plan our morning time together.  While I used lots of Barnhill's ideas in the past, there's still a plethora of resources here to choose from.  This book is inspiring and reminds me every year why we do what we do.

Life-Minded: 8 Practices for Belonging to God and Each Other

Life Minded by Brady Boyd

See my full review here.

The Protector: A Mifflin County Mystery - Book 1

The Protector by Wanda E. Brunstetter

See my full review here.

Our Homeschool Read Alouds:

The Ever Storms (Wilderlore Book 3)

The Ever Storms by Amanda Foody

We've been reading through this series this summer and absolutely loving it.  This is a fantasy series with magic and wild beasts, folk lore and friendship.  Barclay is the only Elsie in the mist of a bunch of Wilderlands.  As he and his friends work to discover the source of the Ever Storms, he also learns that he's not "Just an Elsie."  My 8th grader and I are loving these.

Jonathan Goforth: An Open Door in China (Christian Heroes: Then & Now)

Jonathan Goforth by Janet and Geoff Benge

We're back to our missionary history.  This year we'll go through 10-12 Christian Heroes books together.  Goforth had an incredible like, overcoming so many heart aches to fulfill the calling god placed on his heart.  Great way to start our homeschool year.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails