Friday, August 16, 2024

Weekend Links ll August 16, 2024



 young girl writing in notebook - overlay 7 Tips for Teaching Creative Writing in Your Homeschool

7 Tips for Teaching Creative Writing in Your Homeschool

page1image2339964208

Free Marine Biology Printable


How to Create a Unit Study

Butterfly Lapbook Cover


Butterfly Lapbook

Free Statue of Libery Lesson

This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

One thing about meal planning that I'm still working on after all these years is planning for AFTER the camping trip.  This caught up to us again this week when we came home and immediately jumped into homeschool.  Most of the week, I spent making small trips to the grocery store.  Finally one night I was sick of these "quick trips" and started digging around in the back of the pantry to see what I could find.  I remembered when the kids were little and I used to make a potato flatbread with Rosemary and Parmesan. Unfortunately the recipe has been taken down from the website so I had to recreate it from memory.  But paired with a quick spinach salad, it ended up being the perfect filling and quick dinner made from mostly items in our pantry.
 
What I'm Reading:

I finished up a review book this week that I posted about yesterday.  So I'm just getting started on Awaking Wonder by Sally Clarkson.  I love Clarkson's books.  They always inspire me to look at education differently, even if her application isn't quite how things look in our home.

What I'm Doing:

Homeschool started this week.  I always do an ease-in week with fewer subjects before we really hit the books the second week.  So we've been spending the mornings learning and then the afternoons catching up from camping... laundry, restocking the trailer, etc.
 
What I'm Enjoying:

Read Alouds on the patio in the cool mornings...
Prayer nights with friends...
Revisiting old recipes...
Rod & Staff Bible lessons...
Remote camping with friends and family...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails