Friday, August 2, 2024

Weekend Links ll August 2, 2024

 Thought-provoking questions are a stepping stone to critical thinking.

102 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask About Life

Six Fun Ways to Learn This Summer

book with Shakespeare on cover and overlay "Studying a Shakespearean Sonnet with printable study"

Studying a Shakespeare Sonnet

child holding diy pillow they made from learning to sew using Skip to My Lou.

Easy Sewing Projects for Kids


This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

We wanted a quick dinner after spending so much ttime at the lake this week so we went with a fall favorite: pulled pork sandwiches. We planned a little ahead so we could have the pork in the crockpot where it cooked all day in root bear.  The root beer made it really moist and helped tenderize it.  So at the end of our lake day, all we had to do was shred the meat and make some coleslaw.  And it was delicious!
 
What I'm Reading:

I'm in homeschool planning mode so one of my last summer tasks is to read Better Together by Pam Barnhill and finalize my planning for our morning basket time.  I always love reading this one in preparation for a new year.  Morning Time is my favorite part of our homeschool day and I just love dreaming about how we'll use that time in the new year.

What I'm Doing:

So many things... scrapbooking Noah's 7th grade photos... planning Morning Time... turning in summer reading for the library... getting Lydia's college classes lined up...
 
What I'm Enjoying:

Swimming at the lake...
Cool mornings...
LIIFT4 workouts...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails