Friday, September 8, 2023

Weekend Links ll September 8, 2023

 











This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

We returned to an oldie, but a goodie this week by throwing Pasta E Fagoili in the crockpot.  We had a couple of unusually cool days and flipped the menu to accommodate.  We're slowing moving into that transitional time period between seasons and I think we're all ready for "soup season."  Pasta E Fagoili is a family favorite so it was an easy choice.  Paired with some homemade bread and it was a family hit!

What I'm Reading:

A few days ago, I picked up The Wild and Free Family.  I wasn't sure if I'd get much out of it or if I'd just end up skimming it as I've read The Call of the Wild and Free multiple times.  This book is definately new information.  And I think I'm enjoying it even more than the original.

I also finished and review Kingdom Focus by Tony Evans.

What I'm Doing:

Since the weather has been changing, we've been taking advantage and doing the bulk of our schooling outside in the mornings.  It's given us hours of just enjoying being outdoors.  Watching the birds, hearing the squirrels chatter, and squeezing in math... that's a been a win-win!

What I'm Enjoying:

Lots of picture books...
Homemade play dough...
the Little House series... again...
Apple Cider Doughnut loaf...
the changing of the seasons...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails