Friday, April 29, 2022

Weekend Links ll April 29, 2022












This Week:

What I'm Cooking:
The younger two and I have finished our Story of the World history curriculum and now we're pick up food and cultures from European nations for the next month.  This week, we made a shortbread style treat from the Netherlands.  It's hard to say if it was cookies or bread or what, but it was good.

What I'm Reading:
I picked up Brave Learner again by Julie Bogart.  I think this may be the third time I've tried to read it.  
I feel really bad because the book is good.  It's just so different from the way I typically do homeschool.
I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around her thoughts.  But I think I'm farther this time than I've ever gotten before.  My plan is to take what I can from it and not adopt it completely.
Has anyone else struggled with it?

What I'm Doing:
Last weekend we were at a dance competition for my daughter.  It's been fun to watch her personality let loose and come out on stage.  She's usually so shy so it's been a journey of learning to use her facial expressions.  But it's forced her to grow and that's definitely a good thing.

What I'm Enjoying:
Cool morning air...
Bonfires in the evenings...
Checking spring tasks off my list...
Planning for next homeschool year!

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails