Friday, April 1, 2022

Weekend Links ll April 1, 2022















This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

Our spring has been unusually warm so we've already been grilling here and there.  This week we made one of our favorite main dish salads with grilled chicken and fajita veggies.  It's so good and so refreshing.  And a nice way to enjoy grilled chicken while still getting in lots of veggies.  You can find the recipe here.

What I'm Reading:

I've started my Spring Reading List which I need to share soon and first up was Love and Respect in the Family.  This is a reread for me and so good.  The concepts are really quite common sense, but sometimes when you're in the middle of life and parenting, you can get all turned around.  So it's been nice to go back to this one and have a refresher.  My favorite part of this book may be how honest the author is about his own parenting journey and the knowledge that you may not getting it all right, but slow progress is still progress.

What I'm Doing:

The past few weeks have been filled with kids' sports, kids' sports, and more kids' sports.  We're in the middle of trampoline competition season. Yes, there is such a thing and this year it's been a whirlwind.  We decided to go in pretty strong since a certain virus cancelled nearly all competitions the last two seasons.  It's been fun to watch my high schooler actually compete and enjoy a sport that he loves so much.

What I'm Enjoying:

Cool mornings...
Clothes hanging on the line...
White trampoline socks...
Evening board games...
Teaching my youngest to bake...
Lots of good books...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails