Friday, April 15, 2022

Weekend Links ll April 15, 2022

 











This Week:

What I'm Cooking:
Our weather took a HUGE swing this week.  We went from dreading out days in the 80's to covering our garden so it wouldn't freeze.  It was a welcome change, but definitely an unexpected one.

So to celebrate our return to spring, I've been using our crockpot more this week.  And since we're on Spring Break, I've also been trying to get the kids in the kitchen with me more.  So my oldest teen and I worked on a big pot of Taco Soup.  It's a family favorite and a great way to stretch the budget.  I'm trying to set him up with a few quick, easy, and inexpensive meals for when he moves out one day.

What I'm Reading:
I just finished a YA book that I found through another avid reader on Youtube.  It's called The Remarkable Journey of Coyote Sunrise.  Totally didn't know what to expect.  A lot of YA books will sneak in moral issues that don't align with our beliefs so I always try to go in with my eyes wide open.  But this one was pretty innocent. There was one mention that definitely needs to involve some "Mom talks," but it wasn't fully developed into a plot issue.  So thankfully it will just bring up some conversation and not be a No-Go Read.

What I'm Doing:
We're on Spring Break this week so we've been trying to squeeze in some fun.  The kids spent a few days at Grandma's giving my husband and I some time to reconnect and recharge.  Then when they came home, we've been cleaning, golfing, baking, getting to appointments, and crafting... mixing in a little hard work and a little fun all at the same time.  It's been a nice break.

What I'm Enjoying:
Hanging with the kids without school hanging over us...
Warm soup nights...
Family board games with tea...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails