Friday, April 22, 2022

Weekend Links ll April 22, 2022















This Week:

What I'm Cooking:
Our weather decided to turn cold this week so I've been filling our menu with warm soups while I can.  Soup's my favorite way to prepare an economical and nutritious meal.  My favorite was probably the night we had chicken noodle soup in the crockpot.  My daughter made fresh rolls to go with the soup and it was wonderful.  Might have had something to do with cuddling down on a stormy night as well.

What I'm Reading:
I just finished reviewing a middle school fantasy book called The Dragon and the Stone.  It's filled with dragons, and magic, and mythical creatures.... adventure, family, and friendship...

I love finding books like this one where the plot is sweeping and the adventure is epic.

What I'm Doing:
We're transitioning into spring mode in our homeschool.  Around this time of year, I get spring fever and the formal lessons go out the window.  This week, we've been exploring famous poets and some of their best works.  Mine favorite is absolutely Robert Frost and I've loved sharing his work with the kids.

What I'm Enjoying:
Warm Soups...
Comfy hoodies...
Middle school books...
Working alongside my kids...

What are you up to?
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails