Friday, January 7, 2022

Weekend Links ll January 7, 2022














This Week:

What I'm Cooking:
We made a new chili recipe this week.  Trying to find something that's not as carb heavy as my traditional homemade pot of beans.  I always forget that when I'm using a new recipe, I really have to watch the seasoning.  Has anyone else found that recipes out of books and online are generally bland?  I find that I'm always having to add more spice and garlic. So while it was ok, I think we can make a much better pot of chili next time with a little experience.

What I'm Reading:
Oh, I have too many books going right now and I'm debating adding a third.  I really need to start pre-reading The Case for Christ to share with my 8th grade daughter, and that will probably make book 6??? 
Feeling like that's a ridiculous # to be reading at once, but how do I cut back???

What I'm Doing:
This month I'm working on a minimal challenge with a twist using zone cleaning.  So I'm filming that as well and if it comes out the way I have planned, I'll share at the end of the month.

What I'm Enjoying:
Still savoring slow mornings with Christmas lights
New recipes for the family
Clean doctor appointments
Time with my boys in the evenings
Slow winter break days (ending soon)
Reconnecting...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails