Tuesday, February 9, 2016

I Am {Review}



This new story Bible from Diane Stortz explores 40 names of God.  Each section includes:

  • The name of God
  • A scripture where the name is mentioned
  • The story as well as the Biblical reference
  • "What does it mean?" section
  • "Learn More" with a reference for further study
  • "What happened next" with a teaser for the next section
The kids and I have been incorporating this book in our circle time in the morning.  Typically we read in My First Message Bible with the kids, but this title looked interesting so we thought we'd check it out.  I really like the way the stories are divided, each focusing on a different aspect of God.  The "What Does It Mean" sections are well-written and applicable and the "What Happened Next?" section is a fun teaser for the next story.

The stories were ok.  The aren't as in depth as our Message Bible and I felt like they could have been more detailed.  While they included the general information, there was details missing that I felt should have been included.

All in all, I do like the format, but I think the real target audience for this Bible is younger than listed.  If your children are 7 and up, I would look for a Bible with more depth.

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this Bible for my honest review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails