Wednesday, January 9, 2013

26 Intentional Acts of Kindness #1: Holding the Door

I'm not sure I really like the term "Random Acts of Kindness."  I love the idea and thought behind it, but do I really want my life to be defined by random acts?

As a mom of three, I don't have time for random.  My life is so crazy busy; if I'm not intentional with my time, days just fly by.  At the end of the day, I wonder if my time has been spent building the kingdom or putting out fires?  And while there are certainly fires to be put out, I want to be known as a kingdom builder.

So it's time to turn that phrase around.  What if we walked through our days intentionally blessing others while our kids watch?  What if we built into our lives an intentional thought process of genuinely thinking of others?  What would our families look like?  What would I look like?

We're embarking on a journey, my kids and I, and I'd like to invite you in coming along with us.  Purposefully, prayerfully, and intentionally, we're going to pick an act of kindness to bless others every two weeks throughout the year.  It won't be expensive, extravagent, or overwhelming, but rather something simple and thoughtful.

Will you join us?  Pretty please?

Every two weeks, I'll post the Intentional Act of Kindness that we're working on.  Then I'll include a link-up for you to add your post, inspiring all of us.  This will be a chance for all of us to inspire and encourage each other with shared stories and new ideas. 

Additionally, if you don't have a blog, you can always share your ideas and thoughts on the Creative2xmom Facebook page.  Feel free to post pictures that you might have as well.

Our family's first Intentional Act of Kindness is making an intentional effort to hold the door for others.  My husband and I were talking the other day about how harried life has become and how the little things have gone by the way.  So for the next couple of weeks we're going to look for opportunities to hold the doors for others.  I especially want to incorporate my kids in this one as it's a very easy way for them to bless others.

So come on... Won't you join us?  How can you be a bless to others?

*Linked to these Parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails