Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Muddle

Hey guys,
How was your weekend?  I feel like I've been so disconnected this week.  Took a week off to rest my brain from 31 Days of Savoring and feel lost in getting back into routine.  Our weekend was just a lot of catching up on household chores: getting the roses ready for the winter, canning apples, car maintenance, etc.  Nothing super exciting.  And just resting with the family.

As some of you know, my uncle went into the hospital about a month ago after suffering a stroke.  He ended up in the hospital where we live.  During the time he was there, we had my mom and grandma staying with us.  For one month, it was constant movement in our house.  Not only were we keeping up with the day to day responsibilities of parenting, but also opening our home to any and all family who needed a place to eat, do laundry, or just rest.  Just a day after I decided to put down the blog for a week, we learned that our time with Larry was to be extremely limited.    Surrounded by love and 20 family members, we sadly said good-bye to my uncle last Thursday.  Needless to say the past week has been nothing but a blur.

Although I dearly miss writing and interacting with you all, our lives just aren't the same right now.  My plan is return to writing this week, however, it will certainly be at an abbreviated schedule.  I pray that you understand where we're at in our journey.

Our Menu This Week:
Breakfasts:
Pumpkin Crunch Muffins
Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Oatmeal  and fruit
Cereal and fruit

Lunches:
Peanut butter and jelly sammies
String cheese, fruit, sugar snap peas
Green salads with salmon

Dinners:
Monday: Venison stroganoff and salad
Tuesday: Korean beef soft tacos
Wednesday: Spinach Calazone
Thursday:
Friday: Turkey, mashed potatoes, salad
Saturday: White Turkey Chili
Sunday: Homemade Pizza

Extras:
Soft Pumpkin cookies

Projects I'm working on this week:
Strawberry Shortcake invitations
Strawberry Shortcake favors
Cut and label photos
Scrap 4 pages

2 comments:

Sarann said...

My condolences to your family, losing a loved one is so hard!

Shannon said...

You and your family are in my prayers! Take as much time as you need...we will be here when you get back :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails