Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Muddle

Lydia and Daddy taking a nap!

Hey guys,
Sorry this is late.  I've been having so much fun with my kids today, time just got away from me.  How was your weekend?

We had a fun-filled, quick, high and low weekend that took us all over town.  We just finished reading a child's version of Pollyanna so our family movie night on Friday night was Disney's Pollyanna.  I love going back to all those old Disney movies and watching them with my kids.  And surprisingly my boy gets into them just as much as my girl.  Throw in some popcorn and you've got the perfect end to a busy week.

I hit the gym hard on Saturday morning.  I've been trying to start my New Year's resolution early.  My workouts are going great, but with the return of comfort food, the nutrition portion is definitely lacking.  We generally eat pretty healthy, but I just love food.  Anyone have ideas for self-control in the food department?

Lydia attending a Tangled party on Saturday at her best friend's house and the rest of the weekend was filled with church, staff meeting, cleaning, cooking, and all the usual parenting.  It's amazing to me that we're already rolling into another week.  But a fun week.  I love having the kids at home so I've tried to plan some fun stuff for them as well.  Some new recipes to make together, a few crafts, and lots of food.

What do you have planned this week?

Here's our menu this week:

Breakfasts:
Pumpkin Crunch Muffins
French Toast Waffles
Pumpkin Pancakes 
Cereal and fruit
Oatmeal and bananas
Smoothies

Lunches:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sammies
Tomato Soup
Quesadillas
Beans and Cornbread
Green Salads
Fruit, Veggies, and String Cheese

Dinners:
Monday: Sloppy Joe's
Tuesday: Tacos
Wednesday: Hamburgers
Thursday: (postponing Thanksgiving) Fried Rice, Potstickers
Friday: (Our Thanksgiving) taking: Pumpkin Pie Cake, Hominey Casserole, Cranberry Applesauce, Rolls
Saturday: at my Sister In Law's
Sunday: Pasta E Fagoili

Extras:
Molasses cookies
Soft Pumpkin cookies
Garlic Hummus
Chocolate Chip cookie Dough Fudge

Projects I'm working on this week:
Finish Thank You cards
Read 1 book
Paint Christmas ornaments
Scrap 4th of July photos

Posts coming up this week:

BET YOU CAN'T WAIT TO SEE!

SURPRISE!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails