Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday Muddle

Hey guys,

How was your weekend?  How was Thanksgiving?  Did you list all the things you have to be thankful for?  Isn't it amazing once you start making a list?  It truly is overwhelming how blessed we are.


This photo was taken a few weeks ago when I cooked a turkey at home.  It just cracked both my husband and myself that she wanted the whole turkey leg.  Didn't do too bad either.  We postponed Thanksgiving at our house this week.  My husband had to work both the night before and of Thanksgiving.  So we waited one more day and went down to my sister-in-law's on Friday.  Wow!  There was a lot of food.We took our famous Pumpkin Pie Cake and I was secretly hoping no one would like it.  I just wanted to bring home leftovers.  But no such luck.

The kids ran around with their aunts and uncles and the dogs for two days while my husband and I enjoyed a chance to sit down for longer than two seconds.  Back home for Sunday since my husband was preaching and yesterday seemed to fly by.  After nap, the kids and the hubby put up Christmas lights out front.  I stayed safely inside.  

Our week is starting out with a bang of getting back into routine.  School's back in and I actually really miss having the kids at home.  Gymnastics and dance recitals this afternoon.  Small group tonight.  And birthday and Christmas planning the rest of the week.  December is promising to be full.

What about you?  How was your week?  Any snow where you are?

Here's our Menu this week:
Breakfasts:
Oatmeal and fruit
Cereal
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal

Lunches:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Green salads
Leftovers
String cheese, fruit, carrots, homemade hummus

Dinners:
Monday: Split pea soup, rolls
Tuesday: Korean Beef Soft Tacos
Wednesday: Potato soup, salad
Thursday: Chili and cornbread
Friday-Saturday: home for memorial service
Sunday: Leftovers

Projects I'm working on this week:
Scrapbooking beach pictures
Plan 2-3 games
Start pinata
Print coloring books, necklace pictures, hats,
Work on prayer books
Work on chore cards
Make 6 sets of hair bows

Posts coming up this week:
Holiday decor and tutorial
Writer's Workshop
Easy Advent Calendar Idea

A Great Giveaway!


and a...

Homemade Christmas Gift Link Up!


Join us Thursday, Dec 1st for a link up featuring your best homemade Christmas gift posts!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails