Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bird Nests


I promised you a new recipe on Monday and here it is... Yummy!  

These Bird's Nests are so yummy; you won't be able to stop at just one.  That's why I only made a half batch.  :-)  Plus they are a lot of fun to make with your kids as Easter is approaching.  We made this a fun afternoon activity and Noah and Lydia loved it.  

Bird Nests

2 c. sugar
4 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter/margarine
2 1/2 c. uncooked quick oats
3 Tbsp peanut butter
Robin's Eggs candy

Mix sugar, cocoa, milk and butter.  Boil 2 min or until mixture forms a soft ball.  Remove from heat.  Add remaining ingredients.  Add more oats if too thin.  Drop by spoonful on waxed paper and allow to cool.  After slightly cooled, place 2-3 Robin's eggs in the center.

Enjoy!




1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the recipe! I actually made these the other day. I expected them to form a ball as the recipe stated, but that never happened. I finally realized you meant until they hold together and I ended up overcooking them and they hardened as soon as they came off the heat. So I ended up with Bird Crunch and not nests! lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails