Friday, September 6, 2024

Weekend Links ll September 6, 2024

Shared Lifelong Learning

Three Traditions for Shared Lifelong Learning

7 characteristics of highly successful homeschool moms

7 Characteristics of Highly Successful Homeschool Moms

label the parts of a ship notebooking worksheets

FREE Parts of a Ship Notebooking Pages

High School, Middle School, World War 2 history book list for homeschool teens and tweens

WWII Booklist for Middle and High School

This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

One of my favorite meals this week was Fajita Salad.  We marinated chicken in a cilantro lime marinate and then grilled it on the BBQ.  Then we sautéed peppers and onions.  It's all served over a bead of lettuce with avocado and more cilantro lime dressing.  It's light, frefreshing, and super yummy in this late summer heat.It's probably my favorite summer dinner.

What I'm Reading:

My fictional read right now is Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis.  I've had a copy on my bookcase for years and never got around to reading it.  I finally picked it up and it's super interesting.  It's a series of fictional letters from one demon to his nephew about how to deceive his "patient."  C.S. Lewis' writing is always intersting because he wrote several decades ago, but it's always applicable to the current culture.  The same is true with Screwtape Letters.  I'm seeing so many applications to today.

What I'm Doing:

The last of our school subjects and schedules hit this week.  My daughter started dance again and my son started choir.  It was a busy week with high school and middle school classes, as well as the big fun things kicking in.
 
What I'm Enjoying:

My LIFT4 weight lifting program...
Afternoons in the pool...
Chocolate Quickies cookies...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails