Friday, June 9, 2023

Weekend Links ll June 9, 2023

 

Teacher Appreciation Ideas for Parents & Administrators








This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:
This week we found a chickpea and spinach "stew" recipe that we wanted to try.  It looked really good, basic, nutritious, economical.... what's not to love?  I started getting everything out and my husband said, "Whoa!  That's a lot of cumin."  But I was in a hurry... trying to get dinner on the table... tired and spacey and didn't really pay attention to the comment.  I think you see where I'm going with this. :-)

So yummy, but definitely lit a fire in my belly.  We like it, but it definitely needs some tweaking.  Hoping to share it with you all soon.  It is all the things it promised to be... economical, nutritious, quick... but the spice level needs some work so I'll share it with my notes when we figure it out.

What I'm Reading:
My current non-fiction read is Now I Am Known by Peter Mutabazi.  I happened to stumble upon his instagram and was inspired by his foster parenting journey.  From there, I happened to find his book and ordered it from the library.  This man's life story is crazy.  Looking for inspiration?  Check it out!

What I'm Doing:
We're on summer schedule... Noah graduated two weeks ago so I'm recovering from that.  Trying to get our school supplies cleaned up and put away for the next student, and organize what we'll be working on next year.  And in the meantime, I squeezed in some time to can some frozen blackberries.

What I'm Enjoying:
Summer thunderstorms...
Thriving tomato plants...
Camping...
Tuttle Twins books...
Peanut butter!!!


What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails