Friday, June 30, 2023

Weekend Links ll June 30, 2023

 













This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:
Spent some time this week baking with the teenagers.  I love seeing my older son grow in his confidence as he helps out at meal time, and my daughter's baking experience is just exploding.  She's rarely afraid to take on the challenge.  They're fun to be with in the kitchen.

What I'm Reading:
I'm currently reading A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck.  We've previous read some of his other work and they've been pretty funny.  I've heard good things about this one and so far, it does not disappoint.

What I'm Doing:
Josiah and I have been playing board games several times a week.  He picks one day and I pick later in the week.  So we've really been going through our game collection.  Most days he picks Monopoly, but I'm always looking for the game we haven't played in awhile.  This afternoon we played Flag Frenzy and I actually felt like I was starting to recognize some of the flags by the end.

What I'm Enjoying:
Cornmeal mush...
Evenings in the pool...
Family bowling...
Playing the piano...
Tomatoes in the garden...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails