Friday, June 23, 2023

Weekend Links ll June 23, 2023

 











This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:
My favorite meal this week was definitely last night's dinner.  We made one of our favorites: stuffed bell peppers and cornbread.  Both are so good and so filling.  I can't believe how sweet the bell peppers become when they're cooked and the filling is wonderful.

Second place would have to go to the chocolate peanut butter cake my daughter and I made for Father's Day.  Double chocolate cake with peanut butter filling and a rich chocolate frosting.  So goooooood!

What I'm Reading:
I'm currently reading Letters of Comfort by Wanda Brunstetter.  This isn't typically my favorite Amish fiction writer, but I have been pleasantly surprise by the realness in this book and I'm really enjoing it.  It's been a hard one to put down in the evenings.

What I'm Doing:
Tending to the garden and making sure everything is fertilized well before the heat hits next week.  We've been having a mild June and it's been wonderful to be in the backyard.  I'm trying to get both the citrus trees and roses fertilized this week so it can do it's work before the heat hits.

What I'm Enjoying:
Cool mornings...
Simple summer homeschool...
My audio Bible...
Board games...
Seeing our children study their Bibles...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails