Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Winter Citrus Salad

 photo 232eeabd-e421-48fe-bf48-7a4275990437_zpstcu7msbn.jpg

We love a good salad in this house.  From my husband and I, all the way down to the 4 year old, we actually enjoy salad night.  So when my sister in law asked us to bring a salad down for family dinner, I was really looking forward to the challenge of creating a vibrant salad that we would all love.

Our family looked a bit skeptical when I started dicing and chopping, but I think we can all agree that it was full of flavor and color.  And a salad that I'd be happy to recreate for any occasion.

Winter Citrus Salad

*Salad mix of your choice
  (we used hearts of romaine, but I love spring mix too)
*1 pomegranate, seeded
*1 can mandarin oranges
*1 avocado, chopped
*1/2 c. almonds, chopped
*1/2 c. dried cranberries
*croutons of your choice
*shredded Parmesan cheese

*dressing of your choice: asiago cheese, balsamic

1. Chop, wash, and dry the lettuce.

2. Seed the pomegranate and section oranges (if not using canned).

3. Chop and lightly toast the almonds.

4. Chop avocado and toss all ingredients together.

5. Try not to over stuff yourself.  :-)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails