Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Healthified Chicken Salad

 photo IMG_5472_zps5dxrvmae.jpg 

Summertime is here and the temperatures are heating up.  With these hotter temps, I'm really looking to lighten up our meals.  And this chicken salad is one of my all-time favorites.  It's ridiculously easy and full of flavor.  Plus if I swap out the red onions for green, my kids love it too.

This is the way I like it, but it's so adaptable.  Switch the craisins for raisins, almonds for walnuts, or celery for apples.  It's the perfect food for a light summer lunch and so quick an easy.  Enjoy!

Healthified Chicken Salad

1 can chopped, cooked chicken
2 stalks finely chopped celery
1/3 finely chopped red onion
1/2 c. Greek yogurt
2 tsp lime juice
slivered almonds
dried cranberries
Salt & Pepper to taste

1. Finely chop onion and celery.
2. Combine all ingredients.
3. Season to taste.
4. Serve on sandwich, wrap, or salad.
5. Don't eat it all!  :-)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails