Sunday, August 28, 2011

Monday Muddle


How can it be Monday already?  Another week and the end of Aug.  My kids are already happily in the routine of school and I'm still missing the mornings of sleeping in.  Our weekend was quick and spent at home.  We did some yard work, lots of baking, and some house cleaning. 

I had a good laugh at myself on Saturday night.  I took the sewing machine out which I do every Aug and thought about what I could possibly sew for Christmas.  Funny thing is I can't sew a straight line to save my life.  This scene has repeated itself for the past 4 or 5 years.  Always Aug, always great plans,... always still working on Christmas eve.  The irony of the situation quickly came to me as just a few minutes into what I was creating, I broke a sewing machine needle.  Hum... maybe I'll learn my lesson this year and quit while I'm ahead.

So what have you been up to?

Our menu this week:

Breakfasts:
Yogurt and fruit
Apple oatmeal
Zucchini muffins
Pancakes

Lunches:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Fruit and veggies
Pasta salad
Black bean nachos

Dinners:
All served with green salad and veggies

Tacos
Grilled Veggie sammies and Greek Spinach Orzo Salad
Stuffed Bell Peppers
Dinner out-- Lydia at a birthday, Noah skating, and small group
Fri-Sun--Family reunion

Snacks:
Soft Pumpkin cookies
Pumpkin bread
Homemade wheat thins and hummus

Projects I'm working on this week:
Mario Brothers invitations
Paint backdrop for bean bags
Finish book

Posts coming up this week:
Marriage challenge
Homeschool reading tip
Hospitality ideas
and more

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails