Monday, August 22, 2011

Monday Muddle

Things have gotten a bit away from us over the last couple of weeks.  Summer's coming to a close and I can't believe my babies are returning to school.  Nothing makes me want to home school as much as back to school time.  We had a great summer together and it's hard to see it go.

In addition to the normal craziness of summer, we were still trying to squeeze in an Anniversary trip and a trip to Grandma's when my cousin passed away unexpectedly.  So for the past few weeks, we've been scrambling to get everyone ready for a new routine, all the while feeling like we're in a haze.  It's amazing how time marches on when you're still gathering your wits about you.

As I look around my house, I've not been a very good homemaker these last few weeks.  There are library books strewn about, random bits of paper on the dinning room table, a messy desk, laundry waiting to be folded, and general chaos in my home.  As the memorial service was this past weekend, I'm hoping that will signal a transition into finding some normalcy.

So speaking of normalcy, here's our menu for the week:

Breakfasts:
Yogurt (got a great deal this week)
Oatmeal and toppings
Zucchini muffins
Pancakes

Lunches:
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Fruit and Veggies
Lentil Tacos
Pasta Salad
Green Salad
Leftovers

Dinners:
All served with green salad and veggies

Stuffed Bell Peppers
Spinach Calazone
Veggie Pasta with Shrimp
Parmesan Encrusted Tilapia
Homemade Burgers and potato salad
Taco Salad
Homemade Vegetarian Pizza

Projects I'm working on this week:
Strawberry bean bags
Birthday invitations
CLEAN THIS HOUSE!

Posts coming up this week:
Building a blog
Stewarding your story
Hospitality Link Up!
Being a Yes Mom
and MORE!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails