Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yes, your children will eat fish.. and so will you!

As part of my 2010 Nutritional Goals, I committed to feeding my family fish twice a month. Since then I've been watching the price of fish, I've been pleasantly surprised by how easily it will fit into our budget. So this is what we've been testing in the last couple of months.

Shrimp Stirfry...

Shrimp is very basic. It's highly healthy and low in calories. And extremely versatile. We just threw a bag of frozen vegetable in the wok, added some teriyaki, and a healthy dose of shrimp. Cook it through till the vegetables are heated and the shrimp warm. Serve over brown rice.

The first time we served this to our kids, they got a small serving. It was a good thing because they were completely uninterested. The second time we put it in front of them, my husband and I were a little excited, thinking we were going to get extra helpings that the kids didn't want. Boy were we wrong!

My four year old had two helpings and my two year old wouldn't stop picking the shrimp out of the vegetables. It was a huge hit!

Try it!

They'll like it!

And I bet you do too.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I've got fish tacos on my "things to learn to cook" list. just bought the talapia yesterday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails