Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Family



I tend to stear away from very personal details on this blog. I try to keep posts simple, professional. It's a fine line of knowing how much to share in a very public forum. I tend to keep the more private details to myself. Possibly to my detriment.

Sometimes I just want to let go and give my readers a more intimate look in my life. Share that I am a real mom, with a real family. Real issues and real laughter. Here's such a glimpse:

*I've been married to my husband for nearly 8 1/2 years. We've lived in two differnt ciites, but five different homes. We've worked as teachers, steel workers, youth pastors, receptionists, cable installers, coffee baristas, and residential counselors. We've had no insurance, insurance, and back to no insurance. Typical American family in a tough economy.

*My first "baby" was Annie, my 7 1/2 year old Tortie kitty who has been through every move with us, loosing her companion, and adjusting to two kiddos who have the potential to "love her to death." She's come a long way in the past 4 years, but still spends a good part of her day hiding under our bed.

*Big Boy is 4 years old and all boy. Loves riding his scooter and bicycle, can't get enough of art work, will eat nearly an vegetable put in front of him, but has an aversion to meat, and gives the greatest hugs.

*Baby Girl is 2 years old and the best snuggler. She loves cuddling on the couch, will pick the meat out of her brother's meals, and has a book in her hands anytime I sit still for two seconds.

We love:
Camping
The Beach
Swimming
Popcorn from the stove
Super Why!
Beautiful, rich cheesecake
The Waltons
and always each other!

Check out more Family posts @ Chocolate on my Cranium.

2 comments:

Aimee said...

What a sweet family you have! Isn't it wonderful how kids differences seem to complement each other and keep life interesting too?

Montserrat said...

Popping corn on the stove top is the only way to go! I wish my son would eat veggies. He seems to have an aversion to everything but bread.

Related Posts with Thumbnails