Monday, October 20, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday--CLR style



For this week's tackle I participated in the CLR challenge at 5 Minutes for Mom.  As part of the challenge, CLR provided full size bottles of their product to participants to be used in the kitchens and/or bathrooms.  Since the past several weeks have seen us running from one activity to another, our master bathroom has become quite neglected and in need of a thorough cleaning.  So while the kids played this morning, I whipped out my bottle of CLR and got to work.


(I'm having some technical difficulties, so pictures to come soon)

Our bathroom needed a cleaning from top to bottom.  The floor needed to be swept and mopped, the counter wiped down, the mirror cleaned, and general clutter needed to be put away.  So I started by picking up so that I could spray down the countertop.  The counter and faucet got some cleaner as did the toilet.  

Now before you say anything, no that is not pee in our toilet.  It's the water.  The house that we're renting has nasty water in the toilet.  It always looks like that and dirties the bowl rather quickly.  In a perfect world, I would need to clean it daily to keep it at bay, but we don't live in a perfect world.  So what you see is what you get.

After the clutter, counters were wiped down, toilet bowl and floor cleaned as well.  Finally finishing with the mirror.  I had just enough cleaner so I looked up a natural cleaning web site, naming vinegar as a great mirror cleaner for next time. 

I liked the CLR on my toilet.  It's a not easy to find something that makes my toilet look so sparkly pretty.  It didn't have a harsh smell which is always a concern with two little ones in tow.  It worked well.  Next time, I'd like to try it on the shower doors.  I didn't have time to use it this time, but that's always another challenge spot in our bathroom.  Stay tuned;  you may see that post soon.

To see what others are tackling this week, including the CLR challenge, check out 5 minutes for mom and Tackle it Tuesday.

2 comments:

earthlingorgeous said...

OH I know what you mean about those nasty water buildup ... I wish I can find CLR from here... or wish 5 Minutes for Mom sent me a sample too but it's impossible because I'm not in the U.S. Anyway CLR tackles looks amazing I've seen 3 of you so far and I am sold!

Susie said...

Great tackle and great review:-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails