Friday, February 23, 2024

Weekend Links ll February 23, 2024

 








This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

Once a month my youngest son has dinner with his youth group so this week I got smart and planned his least favorite meal on that night: Fajita Salad.  It's one that the rest of us love and he absolutely hates.  But this way, we all got what we wanted.

Fajita Salad is super simple.  We marinate and grill up some chicken, sautéed peppers and onions, and serve over lettuce with a lime dressing and avocadoes.  Fresh, light, and full of flavor...

What I'm Reading:

This week, I started a book called Character is Destiny.  I'd never heard of this one before, but came across it somewhere on a CM reading list.  I had previously started another book that I thought of passing off to my teenagers and I was highly disappointed.  So I was refreshingly surprised when I opened this one to see how life applicable it really was.  I'm finding myself challenged by it as well. Although I'm only a few chapters in, I'm really considering adding it to my teenager's reading list.  If you or your teens have read it, leave me a comment, letting me know your thoughts.

What I'm Doing:

We started working on fair projects this week.  Teaching my 7th grader to cook and bake has been both a delight and a challenge.  He's a crack up!

What I'm Enjoying:

Relationships between my kids...
Flannel sheets...
Sunshine through glass doors...
Frozen berries...
Morning walks...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails