Sunday, October 22, 2023

Weekend Links ll October 20, 2023

 











This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

We are finishing up a three week family fast.  For the past three weeks, we focused on fasting from meat and sugar as we prayed for our church family.  It's been interesting, but I must say the kids have been troopers and we discovered, we actually have a few meals that were ok or even better meatless.

The easiest meal for me to adapt this week was chili in the crockpot.  This one wasn't too foreign for me as I grew up eating a pot of beans on occasion and I actually like it.  The weather is turning so it was the perfect time to add it to the rotation.

What I'm Reading:

Right now, I'm on the book launch team for Until the Streetlights Come On by Ginny Yurich.  I love her 1000 Hours Outside podcast and it's really inspired us to up our time outdoors.  So I'm excited to read this title and see what she has to say.  I'll have a full review next month.

What I'm Doing:

I'm trying to get a jumpstart on some of the end of the year activities: crafting, planning field trips, and trying to make sure we don't loose our minds in the hustle and bustle.  I'll have a goals post going up on Monday with some times that I'm hoping to accomplish and not keep procrastinating.

What I'm Enjoying:

Road to Avonlea episodes with my daughter...
Chocolate Shakeology to curb the cravings...
Cooler weather and open windows...
Morning rain showers...
Reading the Little House series...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails