Friday, April 21, 2023

Weekend Links ll April 21, 2023













This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:
We have been loving playing with fish tacos lately... finding a good fish, making a great homemade salsa, and recruiting my daughter to make homemade tortillas.  It all comes together beautifully.

Other than that, dinners this week were pretty simple.  We're turning the corner into a true spring so it's been less crockpot soups and many more nutritious salads and quick sandwiches.

What I'm Reading:
This week I finally picked up Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.  I first heard about this week while taking a literature course through Hillsdale College and added it to my reading list.  So far, I don't really know what to think of it.  I'm trying to wrap my mind around if it's just humorous, is it satire... what was Twain trying to say here.  I'm still just a few pages in so I'm not sure if I'll stick with it or not, but at least giving it a try.

What I'm Doing:
Working in the backyard... doing lots of parenting work... trying to wrap my mind around having a homeschool graduate in 6 short weeks...

What I'm Enjoying:
Evening walks with this mild weather...
Baking with the kids...
Stretching out of my comfort zone...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails