Friday, December 23, 2022

Weekend Links ll December 23, 2022

Wow!  We're nearly to the end of 2022!  Who saw that coming?  And I really can't believe Christmas is in two days!!!!  Crazy!

As we're going into the craziest part of the craziest holiday in a very fast year, I've gathered just a few resources to share with you.  My goal this week was to share quick and easy ideas that might enhance your Christmas and not leave you feeling overwhelmed.  So of the five links I'm sharing today, two are easy last minute desserts, one is a self-care resource for Mom, one a craft to do with the kids, and the last resource is a fun way to bond as a family.  My prayer is that these links would refresh you in this joyful season.

 














This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:
This week has been all about simple meals... can anyone else relate?  So nothing really spectacular going on at our house.  We did however make jam shortbread cookies earlier this week... then everyone got sick and all baking ceased. :-)

What I'm Reading:
I've been jumping all over the place right now.  But I did stick with Mr. Dickens and His Carol and finished that one on Sunday.  I wasn't sure if I'd like it.  It's hard to play with such a classic character.  But it ended up being a very endearing tale and a wonderful read for December.

What I'm Doing:
Well, besides nursing sick kids, we've been trying to squeeze in some homeschool time as well.  Some days I felt like we should call it and start break, but we were able to accomplish a few things.  Especially keeping my sixth grader on task.  I'm also unpacking boxes.  We moved the week before Thanksgiving and we are still really living out of boxes.  But we're getting there.

What I'm Enjoying:
Warm cups of lemon water...
Fresh lemons from our tree...
Homemade tomato soup...
Christmas concerts...
Afternoon piano practice...
Ornament crafting...
Wool socks...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails