Thursday, December 15, 2022

Start With Hello {Review}


One of our greatest current cravings as a society is community.  How do we build it?  How do we invest in those around us?  And how do we find our place where we're surrounded by love and support?  These questions and more form the basis for Shannan Martin's newest title, Start with Hello.

When I first heard about this book, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  Community is vital to moving forward in today's divided society.  But it didn't take long for me to realize this book is not at all what it's marketed as.  Martin's tone quickly turns condescending.  Her ways of fostering community are "better than" and the whole book just left me feeling condemned.  I didn't find much in this title to be excited about and giving it two stars feels generous.

*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails