Friday, December 17, 2021

Weekend Links ll December 17, 2021

 











This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

Our menu this week was pretty normal for this time of year: lots of soup.  But it's funny how easy it is to take a recipe that you make all the time, change it up just a little, and it feels totally different.

For example, we had chicken noodle soup on the menu this week.  Everything was in the crockpot and I was getting ready to cook the egg noodles before we sat down to dinner.  What do you know... no noodles.  You know what else???  No problem.
I dug around in the pantry and found some left over orzo to supplement.
It's amazing how a small change like that totally changed up something that would normally be very routine and we all loved it.

What I'm Reading:
 
I just finished reading In Order to Live by Yeomi Park.  I had heard parts of her story and the crazy reality of what she escaped, but reading it as a whole, it's overwhelming to see all that she's lived through.
I'm still processing a lot of what I read, but all that to say, it's a very powerful book and a great inside look at the reality of communism in North Korea.  Very timely!

What I'm Doing:

Last weekend we hosted Lydia's 14th birthday (just a little early).  Having a December birthday means most of her birthdays turn into some sort of Christmas party.  Gingerbread houses, gingerbread men, Christmas lights, and family... it was a fun party and a great way to celebrate the season.

What I'm Enjoying:

Christmas lights in the morning
podcasts while I clean
woven heart decorations
dance rehearsals

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails