Friday, July 9, 2021

Weekend Links ll July 9, 2021

 









This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

It's my husband's birthday this week and that means making a special meal.  I feel like food has such a way of making celebrations special.  So he picked a meal that I never would have imagined that he would pick: Falafel. Now we love our falafel and pita dinners, but I just wouldn't have thought of this one for a birthday dinner.  But it's what he requested so my daughter and I were in the kitchen being creative and channeling our inner chefs.  Rounded out with some fresh veggies and it was a delicious meal.

What I'm Reading:

Oh, I have too many books going right now.  Just too many.  :-)

But the one I think I'm enjoying the most is Karen Glass' Know and Tell.  We've never really used narration in our homeschool.  I've struggled with "Is it enough?"  But reading this book, I'm discovering so much more about the benefits and higher level thinking of narration.  I still don't know how much we'll use it in our homeschool in the fall, but I do see us using it more.

What I'm Doing:

We've been spending lots of time at the lake and hiding from the high temps.  It's been HOT!

It's hard to get much outdoor time in this heat wave, but we've been trying... getting out earlier in the morning, taking a mid-day trip to the lake, and spending a few minutes playing in the evenings.  

What I'm Enjoying:

Homemade pita,
Friends who visit and have fun with the kiddos,
Swimming,
Reading,
Teaching piano to Josiah!
What are you up to?








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails