Thursday, July 29, 2021

A Christmas Engagement {Review}


A Christmas Engagement is the story of a young woman named Liz who, after a broken engagement, decides that marriage isn't for her.  She finds a contented place in her home and work, and has come to terms with the fact that she'll be single for the rest of her life.  Along comes Matthew, her new boss, who wants to change up the business, so much so that Liz considers leaving her job.  So why does she find herself attracted to him?  And will her fears continue to hold her back?

This sweet Amish romance takes place during the holiday season, though not much focus is given to the setting.  While the first half of the book was engaging, the storyline seemed to slow considerably.  Liz and Matthew were well written, and I especially loved Liz's mother.  This is what I would characterize as "sweet" fiction: very quiet, low-key reading without a lot of rising action; in fact, it was even more "sweet" than most Amish fiction I read.  This might make a good read for teens moving into this genre, but for me, my attention fell off in the second half of the book.  

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.

 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails