Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Praying for Girls {Review}


In our home, we've been blessed to not only raise two amazing, rambunctious boys, but also one energetic, lively daughter as well.  On the one hand, all three of our kids have some striking similarities.  On the other hand, there have been some noticeable differences in raising boys and girls.  Sometimes I have to step back and remember that they're all individual and need different things.  Ever since I was able to review Praying for Boys a few years ago, I've been praying that someone would write a similar book for girls.

While I've been waiting for a book like this for years,  Praying for Girls has far exceeded my expectations.  Each chapter addresses an area where girls need to hear from the Lord in wisdom, humility, contentment, identity, etc.  Included in each chapter is an explanation why that area is important, Scripture based prayers, and "girl talk" for little girls, middle girls, and older girls.  I felt that this section, in particular, was unique to this book.  Girl Talk includes ways to connect with our daughters or the girls in our lives on these particular subjects.  For example, the Girl Talk for middle girls on acceptance leads the adult through having a conversation about rejection and how the Lord always accepts us, no matter our shortcomings.  I found these section of each chapter to be filled with very practical advice and action steps.  Additionally, the Scripture based prayers are very solid and cut right to the heart of the matter.

All in all, I was quite happy to read through this book.  It has become a staple on my nightstand and I'm sure it will be there for years to come.  What a wonderfully practical way to support our daughters and the young women in our lives!

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails