Friday, September 1, 2017

Weekend Links












This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

My favorite meal this week was definitely our Fajita Salad.  It's super light, refreshing, and full of flavor.  We marinate some chicken in a chili lime sauce and then grill it.  It's served over a bed of lettuce with sautéed peppers and onions, with chopped tomatoes and avocado, and of course more dressing.  It's so yummy and the marinade/ dressing and amazing!

What I'm Loving:

This week we got a word building game called Rewordable.  It's not something I thought I'd ever enjoy, but we're having so much fun playing this one.  It's really stretched my brain, but it's been especially fun to play this one with Lydia.

I'm also loving getting back into a routine with my workouts.  August was rough.  Between vacation and starting school again, it was hard to find my way to the gym.  So I finally caved and started working out at home just to get something in.  And this week it's been nice to get a few workouts at the gym too.

What I'm Reading:

A few weeks ago, I picked up a copy of A Year of Learning Dangerously from our local library.  It's a memoir of a first time homeschooling mom.  And the author has such a way of blending information, storytelling, and humor.  It's learned a ton, laughed a lot, and really taken a different look at our own homeschool.

What I'm Doing:

Fall schedules are kicking in.  My work schedule is changing.  The change is for the better certainly, but it's change.  And I'm not one to enjoy change.  Fall Ball kicked in this week and with that, just comes the need to balance new commitments.  So I'm working on keeping things running smoothly and trying to help us all keep our sanity.

What I'm Watching: 

We started watching The Little Couple again.  We dropped off from watching it a few seasons ago, but it was recently on while I was working out at the gym.  So we've been trying to catch up.  Their kiddos are so cute and it's fun to see their adventures.

What I'm Enjoying:

Fajita Salad (my husband and I both said we wished there would have been more of that)...
No Cavity Dentist Appointments (Josiah came out with a clean bill of health)...
Reliving our Hawaiian vacation by creating these videos...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails