Friday, September 29, 2017

2017 September Bookmarks

*Bookmarks is an online book club hosted at Creative2xmom. Here we discuss the books we've read in the past month as well as the suggested reading. Our suggested reading for September was The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.

These are the books I read this month:


The Year of Learning Dangerously by Quinn Cummings--I loved this book.  Part how-to, part educational philosophy, part memoir, a Year of Learning Dangerously following the journey of one mother trying to do her best by her daughter.  As they explore together this crazy work of homeschooling, Cummings takes on the ups, downs, and misconceptions of homeschooling, homeschoolers, and the insanity of taking on your child's education.


Praying for Girls by Teri Lynne Underwood-- See my review here.


All Saints by Michael Spurlock and Jeanette Windle-- See my review here.


What We Read With The Kids:


A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park--This book was a 7th grade assignment for my son so we read it together.  But once I started reading, I couldn't put it down.  


Mary Poppins by P.L. Travers--A classic for sure... we listened to this one on audiobook.  Mary Poppins is a little sharper in the book than the Disney classic, but still an enjoyable read.


The Return of the Indian by Lynne Reid Banks--The second in the series, my kids love following the adventures of Omri and Little Bear.


Our suggested reading for September was The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin--  Unfortunately I wasn't able to read this one.  I've had it on hold from the library for over 6 weeks and it still hasn't come in.  I'm still excited to read it, but I'm feeling a little disappointed that I wasn't able to finish it in time for this post.

So what are your bookmarks this month?

Tell us in the comments about the books you're chewing on. Or link up a review from your own blog. Let's share the books we're finding, good and bad. And give us your thoughts on The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

Also don't forget to come back on October 27th as we discuss Anne of Green Gables by Lucy M. Montgomery.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails